ZOOM - Livestream
Westside Sunday and Wednesday Virtual Worship Service Instructions
You are invited to join Westside leaders in virutal worhip services on Sunday and Wednesday. To provide members plenty of time to connect, we will start the broadcast 25 minutes ahead of the regularly scheduled service. You can access the broadcast using the information below:
When: This is a recurring webinar
Topic: Westside church of Christ LiveStream Services
- Please click the link below to join the webinar:
88490972968?pwd= YlFXQUpGc2VuVUMyOFNta2wzQkNXZz 09
- Passcode: 3290392
Or iPhone one-tap :
- US: +12532158782,,88490972968#,,,,
,,0#,,3290392# or +13462487799,,88490972968#,,,, ,,0#,,3290392#
- Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
- US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
- Webinar ID: 884 9097 2968
- Passcode: 3290392
- International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/
If you have any problems, please check the Westside website (www.westsidechurchofchrist.org) to download a recording of each week’s service. The recording will be uploaded to the website at the conclusion of the service.
Westside church of Christ Corona Virus (COVID-19) Response
The following measures are being implemented to help us continue to thrive as a body of God’s people while exercising appropriate caution regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic and the societal restrictions and responsibilities that necessarily come with it.
- Please watch our Sunday morning worship service live online at 10:25 AM via Westside’s live stream on Zoom (see #8 below for instructions on how to access the livestream).
- Please watch our Wednesday evening Bible class online at 7:00 PM via Westside’s live stream on Zoom (see #8 below for instructions on how to access the livestream).
- In the absence of a live congregational assembly at the church building, our shepherds and ministers will lead all aspects of these services, and you will be able to participate in real time along with others who are also participating in real time by watching the live stream. There will be prayers, singing, a sermon and the Lord’s Supper (see #7 below for suggestions on finding communion emblems). You are encouraged to participate at home as though you were sitting in a pew at the church building.
- Online giving is available through our church website. You can access this by going to our website www.westsidechurchofchrist.org and clicking on the “Giving” button at the top of the page. If you give by cash or check, please drop off your contributions at the office or mail it to the building (726 McGee Drive, 73069). The Westside elders thank you for your generous giving which allows us to continue to support our mission work overseas and our local ministry efforts.
- The Extended Bible Class team will be creating an EBC activity or presentation that parents can use with their children on Sunday. This presentation will be available on our website www.westsidechurchofchrist.org.
- The church staff will post Bible study materials online for both adults and children. These tools will help individuals continue their study of the Bible at home, and also help parents lead Bible studies with their families.
- LORD’S SUPPER: We have several options possible to help you with the Lord’s Supper. Check your local grocery stores for grape juice and unleavened bread to have on hand at home to participate in the Lord’s Supper. Some grocery stores have a section of kosher products where you can usually find unleavened bread. OR, drop by the church office and pick up ready-made communion supplies. OR you can use the following recipe to make your own unleavened bread…
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour (Sift flour before measuring.)
½ tsp. salt
4 T. Crisco Shortening, (refrigerator cold)
4 T. ice cold water
In a small bowl, mix flour, salt, and Crisco together by hand or with a pastry blender until the mixture is the consistency of small granules. Add water and shape the dough into a ball. Lightly flour a rolling pin, as necessary, to prevent sticking to the dough. Roll the dough out onto a large ungreased pastry sheet, very thin, (approximately 1/8-inch thick). Using a fork or a florist’s frog, prick the dough all over to prevent shrinkage when baking. Using the edge of a ruler, score the dough every ¼-inch across the dough in both directions to produce a grid of small squares on the dough. Make depressions in the dough but do not cut clear through the dough.
Bake the dough in a preheated 250o oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the oven. Remove the bread from the oven before it becomes browned, but the bread should NOT be doughy or gummy. It should be delicate and easily broken. While the communion bread is still warm, using a paring knife, cut along the scored lines into fairly large pieces (approximately 2 inches by 2 inches, or larger). Store in a tightly-covered container in the refrigerator, or freeze the bread until ready to use.
- How to find Zoom and live stream the service…
Westside has elected to pilot an industry leading platform entitled Zoom. We are working to establish an account and setup session for our Sunday Worship and Wednesday night class. Here is some information for you to consider:
- Members will receive an email with an invitation to both Sunday and Wednesday night services (we hope to have these sent out by Friday afternoon). It will include a URL that users can connect with a personal computer (PC/Mac/Linux), mobile device (smart phone/tablet with either iOS/Android), or you can dial directly in and listen on your phone.
- We will start the service at the regularly scheduled time (Sunday at 10:25 AM and Wednesday at 7:00 PM), but hope to start allowing members to connect 20 minutes before the service is scheduled to start.
- When you first join, you may be asked to provide your name and email. Please do.
- Westside intends to record each service and post to the website for those who are not able to meet at the scheduled time.
The COVID-19 pandemic (and associated federal, state, county and local guidelines) is a constantly developing and rapidly changing situation. We will notify Westside members in a timely manner through all available mass communication channels as new developments arise. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these unusual times together. Our fervent desire as your shepherds is to do everything we can to help the Westside family remain strong and continue to grow spiritually through these difficult times. We are also concerned about the physical well-being of our family. Please let us know of any need that arises for you and your family during this time. We are available to help.